Saturday, May 10, 2008

Youtube Goes desi with in. domain Youtube India!

This morning I turned on the TV and changed the channel from ESPN to CNN and I was so amazed to hear and see what I watched on CNN. Official Youtube India has been launched, another success for India and its economy and its rich culture. As soon as I heard this I turned on my Laptop and start to write this amazing update. I searched a lot about it and their have been many rumors regarding this. In fact people have been waiting for this since 2004. It�s been a long time coming, but it�s finally here. Youtube.in is now live and this can only send jitters down the competition�s spine. But what�s the big deal about YouTube coming around as an India site? All major portals are present locally to monetise the traffic they get from these countries. And YouTube is now no exception. Similar to Yahoo! India, MSN India, Google India and a slew of others, the idea is to get local advertising to local users. Which in short equals moolah! And YouTube has a good user base in India. And features? Most main features are present. There is also a �view in high quality� option for videos but I doubt how many would opt for that! It is also interesting to note that the featured videos on the home page do have only Indian videos. And by that, I mean videos by Indian users.

-abhiz

No comments: